Saturday 31 December 2011

Hello 2012

Blimey it's New Years Eve! I can't believe how fast this year has gone, can you?


2011 was a pretty good year for me both personally and in terms of creative production and I intend to make 2012 even more so.


Here's a mosaic of my favourite makes of 2011



There are still 3 WIPs that I need to finish before the end of January and then it is onto pastures new! 

I've decided not to set myself any resolutions as such for 2012 as having a baby due in March I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. I'm most certainly going to be making more quilts from my stash fabrics and I will definitely be doing more knitting and crochet!!

Finally one last surprise happened for us yesterday when we went for a 3D scan of our baby - it appears baby Honey is indeed baby Hunter!!! We were told at our 20wk NHS scan that the baby was a girl, good job we treated ourselves and splashed out on a private 3D scan as the baby is definitely a boy, we have photographic evidence of his wedding tackle so to speak!!!


I was very reassured by the scan as it showed he's doing great and is already 2.5lb at 28wks!! I'm having another private scan at 35wk as Hunter is currently breech and I want to check he's got himself into the correct position for the birth!

So this is me saying farewell to 2011 and welcoming in 2012 with open arms!

I hope you and yours have a really lovely New Year and may 2012 be happy, peaceful and prosperous wherever you are.

XXXXXX


16 comments:

  1. Lovely mosaic, I especially like the clasp purses and trousers. Happy New Year - looking forward to meeting you & Hunter next year too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoah that's a surprise Hunter instead of Honey! Wishing you and your family a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations justine on a fab mosaic and a baby boy! Cannot wait to meet him next year at the sewing circle. Happy new year. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous makes Justine, you've been very busy!
    And your scan photo is amazing, what a cutie!
    Happy New Year!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what a surprise and I can't imagine what a shock that would have been if you'd not had the scan! Congratulations as I'm sure you are very happy as long as he is healthy. Good luck for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year, and love the mosaic. Kxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year to you and yours! I hope it brings you much happiness x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great collection of makes both fabric and human! Have a fab new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a year! You have inspired me to get the machine back out again of late so thank you for your continued support.

    Wishing you and your gorgeous family a very happy, healthy and magical 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!! What an amazing picture. Happy 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow what an incredible picture! Sending you New Year Wishes for Health, Happiness, Success and creativity for 2012 xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankgoodness for the scan. Hope you have all recovered from the shock........I'd better get hold of some boy jersey (luckily I'm far too disorganised to have turned the girly stuff into sleepgowns yet)! Hunter looks gorgeous.
    Wishing you all the best for a wonderful 2012. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw baby Hunter :-) Fab scan pic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucky you had the 3D scan! Amazing how easy it is to get this wrong, I have a friend who was 'expecting' a girl and ended up with a boy which was a bit of a surprise. More importantly, glad all is well with Hunter. Wishing you and yours all the best for 2012! Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous mosaic of creativity, and more importantly, gorgeous pic of your baby boy.. Those 3D scans are incredible. Wishing you a fabulous 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Justine, lovely stitchery! You've had a productive year. And that's on top of parenting, baby-growing and working! You put me to shame.

    What a surprise at your scan too! That's an amazing picture!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips