Monday 16 July 2012

BOM's

I've decided to take part in not one but two Block of the Month Programmes this year instead of Quilt Bee's! I figured it would be easier on my stress levels with having a new baby in the house.


First up I joined the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Designer BOM. I was totally swayed by the fact that the whole quilt is made using Bonnie and Camille's Vintage Modern which I adore!


Here's Block #1
FQS BOM #1


I've also joined the Gypsy Wife BOM which is run by Amitie Textiles of Australia. The fabric choices that Amitie send out are amazeballs and I will love this quilt once it's finished!


Here is Block #1


Amitie Gypsy Wife BOM #1


Apart from a little hand sewing of hexies for my framed purse swap I've not accomplished much this last week in terms of sewing!! The hubby has got Holly's chest infection and is *quite* poorly so I've been solo parenting since Tuesday. Truth. Man-Flu. Need I say more?!




Hitting up the sewing room today so hopefully more to show in a couple of days!



7 comments:

  1. I do so love that Amite one. I'm going to be mighty jealous of your quilt next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW these are gorgeous, I think the fabrics in both are beautiful! Hope hubbie is over the man-flu, why can we not get 'women flu'? or is that what migraines are!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great BOM choices.
    Hope everyone is better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, hope the man flu, and accompanying man, are out from under your feet again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh how pretty are they? Love the Bonnie and Camille fabric, can't wait to see them all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear.....man flu can be very serious you know....for your patience anyway - hee hee! Hope hub gets better soon though, so you can have some help. Love the top quilt block colours. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear Justine... Now I wish I had signed up for these too!! Your blocks look fab!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips