Sunday 26 January 2014

#economyblockalong

Have you all seen this years block along? It's the Economy Block!

This time last year it was the #scrappytripalong that took the quilting world by storm and this years #economyblockalong is just as much fun!

I've decided to make 12" blocks that are so quick and easy to whip up, I'm going for a 6x6 block layout so need 36 blocks in total.

Here are the first four blocks I made



I'm going for bold and bright on this quilt can you tell!

Here are the measurements I used to make the blocks, courtesy of Katy who blogs at I'm A Ginger Monkey

courtesy of Katy Jones


Here are more of the blocks I've made so far:





If you'd like to see more of the #economyblockalong quilts been made do check out the hashtag on IG, there are blocks in a variety of sizes and instructions on how to make the blocks too!

I love the New Year for a bit of no obligation sewing don't you?


4 comments:

  1. I really love seeing all the variations on this theme. Tempted to make one but have so many other things on the list to finish first!! May have to have it be my rebellion quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be a fabulous quilt Justine - you were way more sensible than me who went with the original tiny blocks. My quilt could be in the making for a while!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fabric combinations; it's going to be a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips