Saturday 5 November 2011

sewing everyday

Well for the first time in months I appear to have done some sewing everyday this week. Get me, I'm finishing off all my WIPs and sewing up a storm of handmade goodies ready for Christmas gifts! 


First up I've finished quilting this baby quilt and am just sewing the binding on. There will be a full reveal post another time after I've given it to my friend next week sometime, baby Ethan's 5 months old now so it's not that late!!!




I've also made some neckerchief dribble bibs and after many failures and ruined bibs, I've also mastered adding on popper stud fastenings!! A couple of these are off to my friend Kyleigh for her little girl to road test and some are going to friends! 




At last I've managed to make me a little purse from the Easy Peasy Purse pattern available from the lovely Lisa at U-Handbag. I've had the pattern and kit stashed for a while but really needed to have a go at making the purse as I want to make a couple more of these and fill them with goodies for 
Christmas gifts!








I've also finally finished my first ever knitting project, this fab tank top for me. Unfortunately it will have to be put away until next Autumn as I'm a little large for it just now!! I think this is why I lost interest in knitting it. My mum bless her came to the rescue and finished it off for me in just a couple of hours and I've just got to sew it together when my darning needles arrive!!




I learnt lots from knitting this tank top, especially pattern reading!! I knitted a whole section too big as I'd misread the pattern and it was only when I went into my LYS, which is where I took the beginner knitting course, that the lovely owner went through the pattern with me and I realised what I'd done wrong!!


Over the weekend I'm hoping to get a bit more knitting done on 'Little Miss H's' cardigan, the one that I blogged about the other day, as well as making a knitting needle roll for my needles and a couple of pairs of baby trousers.


What are your plans for the weekend??

9 comments:

  1. Love everything! The fabric in the quilt looks fantastic, looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Justine. You're on a roll! Must be that second trimester energy. Wish I could get me some of that. Only the energy part, not the pregnancy part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Justine, It's my birthday this weekend, I've had fun and tomorrow I'm off to the patchwork show in Chilford near Cambridge, can't wait as I have birthday money to spend! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy!!! I'm working all weekend so no fun plans for me :( x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OooooOOOOOoooooOOoooooh!!! I am loving the bibs girlfriend! Thank you thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive! It all looks fab - especially that little purse, and the baby quilt too. I can barely remember what I did this weekend but it definitely involved sewing booties and purses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are on a roll. I loev the fabrics you've picked out for the quilt. I've often owndered about trying to make bibs like that but haven't tried, they're very funky - brilliant. And the purse will be fabby for presents.
    I don't think there's going to be much handmade xmasssy stuff this year from me - bit gutted but I guess I'l have to make up for it next year. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, LOVE the purse. Reminds me I have some red riding hood mice stashed away waiting to be stuffed, oops. Go you, on a roll. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips