Friday 21 March 2014

Happy World Down Syndrome Day!

I just wanted to share with you all a couple of videos that are especially important today.

Today (21.3.14) is World Down Syndrome Day and of course we celebrate this enormously in our family to show our appreciation of our how our family has been so positively affected by Down Syndrome.

Holly our eldest has Down Syndrome.



 She attends an amazing facility called Shabang here in Huddersfield and the Up Club kids have made this awesome video explaining how Down Syndrome occurs. Please watch it's fantastic. 

 

A friend of mine also shared this video on my Facebook wall, its so amazing it made me sob!





We feel truly honoured to have Holly as our daughter, she is amazing and inspires me daily, without her and the obstacles we've overcome since having her I can truly say I would not be the person I am today. She makes me a better person.

If you can please support the work of the Down Syndrome Association here in the UK.

TEXT: SOCK77 £1 (or however much you want to donate!)
to 70070

Thanks so much xxxx






4 comments:

  1. Brilliant video! What a great club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to let you know, I donated. Holly is amazing and so are you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found these videos on your blog today. Of course now I'm a blubbering mess. Thanks for having shared these and hooray for Holly and her inspiring friends!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips