Wednesday 13 July 2011

Treat After Treat After Treat....

Just a quick post as I wanted to show you some lovely hand crafted things that I've bought lately!




In this picture we have a simply gorgeous rose coloured floral brooch from the very talented Beth over at the Linen Cat. This one was a treat for little old me! There's also a fab floral fabric tub that was purchased from Jen over on her site A Crafty Hen. This is perfect for storing all the clothes for my Blythe dolls!! I also got a lovely gift set for a christening we attended a few weeks ago but in my usual style I forgot to take a picture and so I have nicked (with permission) this one from Jen's site!!


photo courtesy of A Crafty Hen
The little tags are from a lady I met at a craft fair in Saltaire a few weeks ago, she upcycles all kings of things and sells on Etsy too, her shop is called SwirlyArts.

I've also acquired some great fabrics over the last few weeks too. This selection all came from the lovely Kerri and her shop SewDeerlyLoved. 






The first picture is a pink & aqua FQ stack of Riley Blakes Sew Cherry Red and the second picture is a charm pack of Riley Blakes Doodle Bugs Christmas Candy, Joel Dewberry's Dogwood Bloom & some Lecien Ticking Stripes in Red & Aqua.


Now this little lot is a stack of yummy coordinating fabrics that I've bought for the Zig & A Zag QAL that is happening over on Angela's blog. I want to make a quilt for 'Master M's' bed and so the red & aqua combination is a hit!! I got them from Sew Fresh Fabrics and the service they offered in making sure the colours worked together was amazing! Thanks Ladies!

Finally I raided a fellow sewing friends de-stash and came away with this little lot!!


On the sewing front I've done lots this week but I can't show you as it was for a swap and I want to make sure that the recipient has received it before I blog about it!!! I'll leave you with this pencil case I whipped up yesterday for my lovely new pencil crayons!!!


I promise I'll be back before the weekend with some more finishes!!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely selection of goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great buys - you surely love red and turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics! Great choices, really like the christening set you bought as well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you liked your storage basket and gift set. Beth's brooch looks gorgeous.
    As for your fabrics they give me stash envy!!
    Love the combination of aqua and red can't wait to see the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm loving all your fabric stash and everything from Jenny's shop (I bought a bib recently and wish she'd made some fo the sets at that point as I'd definitely have bought one of those). Thanks for the mention of the brooch, glad you like it. Hope the holidays have got off to a good start, I'm stressed already. Bethx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - treats galore! Hope you enjoy them all - they look fab, especially the yummy fabrics. Great pencil case too - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i LOVE that tub in the top photo. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips