Monday 12 April 2010

How Time Flies!

Blimey I don't know where the Easter holidays are disappearing to, I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post - I know I'm rubbish!!
Anyway in this whistle-stop post I'll let you know how the last week has been - I've at last made good progress on my sewing machine cover......



I love it and it certainly brightens up my beloved machine 'Suzi'! It's not quite finished yet as it needs a pocket adding and hemming at the bottom. I'm planning on finishing it tonight and will give you the link for the pattern as well as the fabric used when I upload the finished pics later!
I've also bought yet more and more fabric this week, I know I'm obsessed but I do have planned uses for it all! I got this gorgeous hunk of fabric from Ikea and its going to be turned in curtains for my kitchen window and french doors that lead off the kitchen into the back garden. I've seen a couple of good tutorials for curtains so I'll keep you informed of my progress, I'm hoping to get them finished this week, Mmmm.

This is such a rubbish picture of the fabric and doesn't do it justice so will take a better photo later and re-post! Also whilst in Ikea I managed to get 'Little Miss H' a duvet cover in the gorgeous and lovely Rosali print that has been re-launched, I feel soooo lucky as I know it's sold out in a lot of places.
Finally for now I can tell you that I have purchased more patterns from Saints and Pinners in the form of all Anna Maria Horner's dress patterns!! The Evening Maxi dress I'll be using for my wedding dress and the other two are so gorgeous I just had to have them......



Ohh I nearly forgot I got this bundle from the sale goodies over at Seamstar

Sorry it's been rushed but kids running riot so we're going out for lunch!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Blimey, you've been busy and you can NEVER have too much fabric, I have no doubt it was ll get used in the end! (at least that's what I keep telling myself). Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @thelinencat
    Hi Beth,
    Busy is an understatement! Here I am again at silly o'clock and I start work in oh about 6 hours!!!
    Hope you're feeling better - Jxxx

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips