Sunday 27 June 2010

Crafty Sunday #8

Wow it seems like ages since I last posted anything for Crafty Sunday! This however is not for lack of craftiness, just a lack of being able to show you as all the items completed this last couple of weeks have been for swaps!!

Now I know that
Mrs. Yappy Dog has received her parcel I am at liberty to share it with you guys too! Betty and I had decided to make PJ cases for each other, here is what I made her using prints that I thought were Betty's style (decided after many emails back and forth!)


It is big enough to use as a laundry bag as well as a PJ case, I used fabrics from my stash including pieces from Tanya Whelan's 'Darla' range and a vintage FQ (middle fabric in pink floral). I then embroidered 'Betty' onto a piece of linen and added some cute co-ordinating buttons, the whole bag is lined in a cute white with red polka dot print and has a bright pink cord through the top.


I also sent two lavender bags in a now rare Cath Kidston print. To be honest I actually had trouble parting with these two beauties I loved them so much but since Betty has turned out to be a really cool friend I decided not be a meanie and get them sent to her!!


Here's what Betty sent me, I must say when I opened the package and saw what she had made I was totally bowled over, the PJ case was so me!!


Betty also did me one of her silk screen paintings in colours to match the PJ case and turned it into a fab lavender bag, its so gorgeous and smells divine.


I've felt really priviledged to be Betty's swap partner and we're even going to meet up in Florida whilst we're both on holiday - how cool is that? This is why I love doing swaps - you make such lovely friends and receive great handmade goodies into the mix - Thanks again Betty xxx

Now whilst we're on the subject of Florida I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK-YOU to all you lovilies who have offered to make me something handmade for the big day - I am blown over and really really appreciate it, so THANK-YOU - you know who you are XXX

Finally.......
Get yourselves over to Seamstar! For two reasons::

Courtney is offering a fantastic pre-order deal on the full 'Tufted Tweets' range (until 5th July). This line by Laurie Wisbrun is sooo fab I just love it and this bundle deal saves you 20% - Bargainous.

image courtesy of Seamstar
Here is my favourite print from the range::

image courtesy of Seamstar

The 2nd reason to get over to Seamstar is that Courtney is also now stocking my 2nd must have line for the summer - Patty Young's 'Play Date'. I love this line, its so cool for kids stuff and a funky summer quilt for the beach and picnics. Once again it's available in a fabby bundle::


image courtesy of Seamstar
The best part about this line is that there is a panel which has 3 rag dolls to cut out and make - how cool? What's even cooler is that there are free clothes patterns for it on the Modkid Boutique blog!! AND if you order 2 bundles from Seamstar you get the doll panel FREE!! Way Hey!!

Here is my fave print from the line::


image courtesy of Seamstar
I've put my order in and now I'm soooo excited for the postie to bring me more gorgeous fabric......

7 comments:

  1. What lovely swap goodies! Well done to both of you on such brilliant makes. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @greenrabbitdesigns

    Thanks Vivienne! It was a great swap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My PJ case is completely my style, I love the fabrics and having my name on it! The lavender bags are too pretty to hide awayin a drawer, I love CK fabrics so much it is a real treat - I don't know how you parted with them Justine! and yes, the best thing about swaps is that we get to know new friends ... I have really enjoyed this swap Justine - see you in Florida! Betty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely PJ cases & how nice you're meeting in Florida :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting us know about the seamstar updates. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like both the pj cases that you made each other, very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Justine! You and Mrs Yappy Dog are very clever! Beautiful swap items. Lots of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips