Tuesday 15 June 2010

So I say.......


Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing,
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing,
Who could live without it? I ask in all honesty
What would life be? Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me.RIP Nettie, we'll never forget you our dancing queen!!!

Just wanted to share a day of two halves, one very poignant and one very normal. Isn't it strange how that can happen.

This morning I went to my friends funeral. It was peppered with Abba throughout, bringing back very poignant memories for all her friends who were half laughing and crying through all the songs, I'm sure her family that didn't know us that well thought we were all mad!

This is Jenette's profile picture from Facebook, it's of her and my cousin Fran back in the day!! Honestly, we were wild can you tell??!! I think they were about 17 on this picture.
Anyway, she'll never be forgotten and at least she's now at peace, an extremely hard day for all concerned.

On my way home from crematorium I called at the sorting office to collect a parcel. Yay it was from the lovely Kerry of Blueberry-Heart and was my Fabric Addict Swap parcel.

Look at all the goodies. There was a distinct theme, one was pink and green which is good for all things girly that I make.....


And the other was my upcoming wedding.

God bless Kerry for making me a lovely fabric covered photo album to store some yet to be had treasured memories in, a gorgeous mother of pearl button heart and a lovely wedding card. Kerry also very thoughtfully included 2 packets of sweets for 'Little Miss H' and 'Master M', they'll be gone in no time believe me!

Thanks so very very much, a great pick me up on a very sad day. Thank-you Kerry, I love it all!

The postman also brought me this from the USA today - a great cross-stitch pattern from the very talented Hilary of Wee Wonderfuls. If you've not checked out her blog and store, do it
now.


So my bee block has been returned to Amy, my strawberry swap is nearly complete and my Boudoir swap is underway.........

What will I do come the weekend - ah yes, there's a litlle matter of a wedding dress......

8 comments:

  1. So so sorry about your friend...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine,
    So pleased you like your swap and it was a bit of a boost for you on a sad day.

    I'm sure there'll be lots of lovely photos from your wedding - which sounds fab!
    Have a good night and thanks for being my swap partner!

    BH xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you.
    Big Hugs.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Blueberry Heart

    Thanks to you too for being my swap partner xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hard day for you and all her friends and relatives. I hope you can keep hold of your good memories from some great times together. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Julie Rutter
    Thanks for your lovely comments Julie, today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your friend - hopefully you have lots of happy memories. Am really pleased you had fabric to cheer you up on a sad day. can't wait to see your wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @A

    The wedding dress will be made on 30th June!! I'm having a full day of it with my sister-in-law so should be good!!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello and thanks so much for commenting! It's lovely to hear from you, Justine xx

 
Blogging tips